The challenges of catering at the FIFA World Cup 2022
Date: Tuesday 16th May 2023
Time: 13:00pm-14:30pm (GST)
On Tuesday 16th May, June Steenekamp of Didactix International Hospitality & Catering Training Consultants will join Highfield to deliver a presentation on her experience catering at the FIFA World Cup 2022.
Some topics to be covered during her presentation will include:
- orientation at the stadiums and time constraints
- communication and language barriers with staff
- training food handlers in allergens and food safety
- food safety inspections by regulators and other contractors
- challenges such as management, security, supply chain, equipment and labelling.
After the presentation, there will be a short break followed by a live audience Q&A with June and our webinar series host, Sterling Crew.
First-aid Qualification Assessor and IQA Training Webinar
Dates: Wednesday 17th May 2023
Time: 12:00-19:00 (GST)
We have adapted our First-aid Qualification Assessor and IQA Training event into an online webinar.
The CPD certificate gained by completing our First-aid Qualification Assessor and IQA Training also enables an individual with occupational knowledge and proven competence in first aid to fulfil the role of an assessor and internal quality assurer (IQA) for regulated first-aid qualifications.
The training will be split into two online webinar sessions, with time in between for attendees to complete and submit individual IQA exercises to Highfield and allow for a short comfort break.
12:00 - Expected finish time 15:00
Completion of individual IQA exercises & comfort break
18:00 - Expected finish time 19:00
This training is adapted from our face-to-face First-aid Qualification Assessor and IQA Training event, and as such, attendees are expected to be available from 12:00-19:00 (with an approximate 1 hour comfort break) to be eligible for the 6 CPD points and certificate upon successful completion.
Before the webinar
Each attendee will receive two email confirmations via the GoToWebinar platform including their unique links to join the webinar sessions on the day. You must not share your unique webinar links with anyone. Sharing links will result in incorrect names appearing on the attendee list, and as such, we may not be able to issue CPD certificates to those sharing links.
Before joining, ensure you check the system requirements on your PC or laptop to avoid any connection issues on the day.
You will also be provided with:
- links to qualification specifications on Highfield’s website which you will need to read and digest before the webinar begins
- the level 3 FAW and EFAW qualification specifications and TAI packs which you will need to read and digest before the webinar begins
- an IQA sampling plan and IQA report exercise which will be referred to during the webinar. You will need to have the facility to download, complete and submit these exercises to the trainer via email during the break.
Session 1 agenda
- An introduction to Highfield’s suite of first-aid qualifications
- Qualification specifications, rules of combination and requalification
- Centre requirements for delivery and assessment
- Practical, theory and tutor assessor and internal quality assurance (TAI) support
- The role of the assessor and standardisation
- The role of the Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) officer, sampling plans and reports
- External quality assurance (EQA) requirements, how to achieve and retain CMA
- Instructions regarding the IQA exercises to be submitted to the trainer for review before webinar session 2 begins.
Session 2 agenda
During this session, the trainer will go through findings from exercises submitted during the break, provide examples of good practice IQA sampling plans and reports, discuss comments and provide feedback.
You will also have the opportunity to provide feedback on your webinar experience and submit further questions to Highfield.
Attendance on this webinar (both sessions) and successful completion and submission of both IQA exercises will entitle you to a PDF certificate worth 6 CPD points. CPD certificates will be issued via email within a week of successful completion.
After clicking the Book Now! button at the top of this page, you will be directed to a registration page on Go To Webinar for Session 1 to make a payment.
Shortly after you have paid for your place to attend Session 1 you will receive a booking confirmation email with your unique webinar link from firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also receive a second confirmation email from Go To Webinar with your unique webinar link to attend Session 2 of the First-aid Qualification Assessor and IQA Training.
Only one link can be created per email address. If you are booking for several attendees, please provide a unique email address for each attendee.
If you are from an international business that does not belong in the UK, please contact your account manager before booking online and provide them with your VAT registration number (or alternative evidence) so that you can be invoiced for payment at the correct amount less VAT.
This webinar is chargeable at £50 + VAT
If you require a VAT receipt to be sent to you following your payment, please email email@example.com or call 01302 363277.
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. We request that attendees inform us of cancellations as soon as possible so that we can attempt to reallocate the place to a person on our waiting list.
- If you notify us of your cancellation more than 2 weeks prior to the event or webinar date, then we will provide a full refund or transfer your booking to an alternative Highfield event or webinar.
- If you notify us of your cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the event or webinar date, then the full cost will be payable.
- Where you have booked a place on an event or webinar and do not attend, then the full cost will be payable.
For quality and monitoring purposes, we record all of our webinars and CPD events. By joining, you give consent for this recording and it’s use on external platforms.
How to Improve the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme
Date: Wednesday 31st May 2023
Time: 13:00pm-14:30pm (GST)
Our specially selected panel of speakers includes; Christopher Hassall (Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner), Darryl Thomson (Food Safety Consultant for UK Hospitality), John Barnes (Director of Enmoore Ltd) and Richard Sprenger (Chairman of Highfield).
These webinars form part of Highfield’s vision of improving food safety globally. If you are not already part of Highfield's Food Safety Forum on LinkedIn, you can become a member here.
Following the panel discussion, there will be a short break and plenty of time for a live Q&A conducted by the Improving Food Safety webinar series host, Sterling Crew.
Attendance on this webinar will entitle you to a digital certificate worth 1.5 CPD points.