HSO Assessment Procedures, Certification and Recertification
The competence of the candidates will be assessed by a multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination.
Booking an examination
A Highfield-approved training centre must inform the centre manager by email of the date of the exam, and the course must be booked on the Highfield website a minimum of 5 working days before the course is due to commence.
The Highfield-approved centre is responsible for:
- verifying that the candidate complies with the prerequisites established by the Dubai Municipality by signing the candidate registration form
- ensuring each candidate has completed the Highfield HSO in Labour Accommodation Registration Form
- ensuring all documentation established by Dubai Municipality is attached to the registration form
This documentation must be sent to Highfield before the examination is conducted or given to the Highfield invigilator in a sealed envelope on the day of examination.
Highfield will not be able to certify any candidate with incomplete documentation.
Identification at the time of examination
In addition to the registration form, candidates must bring photo identification with them on the day of their exam. Acceptable forms of photo identification are:
- government–issued driver’s licence
- work identification
- Emirates ID
Certification requirements and validity
To be eligible for the HSO certification, candidates must:
- Complete the approved Highfield Health and Safety Officer in Labour Accommodation training programme
- Successfully pass the multiple-choice question examination at the end of the training programme, scoring a minimum of 20 out of 30 marks
The certificate shall be valid for a maximum of 5 years from the date it is issued.
Successful learners will be certified as a health and safety officer in labour accommodation. The certified HSO will receive a laminated ID card when they are certified for the first time. They will be issued with a laminated ID when they successfully complete the requirements for recertification. They may, however, hold only one card at a time. Electronic credentials may be accepted subject to the content of the record and the access to training details/record.
The HSO must always have the certification cards/qualifications and any additional records available for inspection by local authority representatives.
The certification cards/records shall contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- photograph of the certified HSO
- date of birth
- certification start date and certification expiry date
- name and location of the facility in which the candidate is employed as a HSO
Highfield-approved training centres shall submit details of all training and the result for each candidate on a monthly basis.
All qualified and certified health and safety officers in labour accommodation must undertake a recertification process before the end of the fifth year after certification. The recertification will be obtained by passing the recertification examination approved by the Public Health and Safety Department and by fulfilling all programme requirements as defined by the accredited awarding body.