Continuing Professional Development – Converting Certification to Competence
Whether you are interested in the Highfield Manager in Charge programme or the Highfield Certified Manager Programme, we believe one of the keys to converting certification to competence is CPD. Through achieving and maintaining your professional knowledge you will stay abreast of the latest issues that impact on the food and hospitality industries.
From product recalls to new legislation, new guidelines on best practice to high-profile court cases, the world of food safety is fast-paced and ever-changing.
Our food safety programmes place an expectation on the certified manager to achieve a minimum of 24 hours CPD per year. Another way to think of this is two hours per month or 30 minutes per week.
There are many ways that you can achieve 24 hours of CPD, including:
- membership and participation in the Highfield Food Safety Forum on LinkedIn
- giving tool-box talks
- writing published articles
- obtaining additional relevant qualifications including a management qualification
- attending seminars, webinars and conferences
- implementing measurable hygiene improvements in the business
- undertaking internal audits
If you would like further information on any of Highfield’s food safety programmes, or advice on what activity constitutes CPD for the programme, please contact Richard Sprenger on email@example.com or call 009714 449 4042.