Who is this qualification for?
It is aimed at anyone needing to develop the underpinning knowledge of how to prevent the spread and control of infection in their workplace or home environment.
How long will it take?
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake approximately 6 hours of learning.
The qualification provides learners with the basic knowledge and understanding of:
• the common infections found in the workplace
• the chain of infection
• the importance of correct handwashing procedures
• the use of personal protective equipment
• the decontamination processes (cleaning and disinfection), including handling and cleaning linen
• waste management and associated risks
• management and staff responsibilities, risk assessment and developing a positive infection prevention culture.
This qualification is assessed by a mulitple-choice examination.
Invaluable support for your learners
Highfield Products provides some fantastic training and distance learning materials that we think your learners will love when taking this qualification. Simply contact your centre manager to get further details